I'm the mom taking pictures of my smoothie while my toddler throws himself on the ground.
There were moments when I just needed a little extra dose of grace. (Or maybe a big bowl of ice cream, but that's kind of off limits right now, dang it!) I'm grateful to the Lord that He provided a few of these moments for me. I found grace in good chats with my mom, in reading the Bible, in a girls night complete with wine and snacks, and in laughing with fellow moms who could sympathize. These are all places I turn for glimpses of grace; I turn to the Lord and the truth in His Word and to the people who lift me up.
There were also some things I read last week that poured grace all over me. If you need a little boost today, I encourage you to click away. These ladies are places I usually turn when I need some grace from the internets:
- This song. On repeat. With an awkward amount of tears for 6 in the morning and a toddler who is quizzically staring at you with his mouth full of breakfast. (Thanks Naptime Diaries for sharing!)
- What motherhood and "fruit" are, and aren't, about, via Grace Covers Me.
- What your daughter "doesn't need you to say" via Chatting at the Sky. I don't have a daughter, but as a woman this was releasing and grace-filling for me.
- Yay! Someone else has "no idea what they're doing"!!! via Take Heart.
- This lady and this lady, just in general.
- Sometimes it's ok to "just float", via The Mom Diggity. She is ALWAYS a pit-stop for me when I need grace as a mom.
- On fighting alone and admitting weakness, via Homemade Bliss.
- On waiting and our treasure, via A Royal Daughter.
- This daily devotional.
Where do you turn to receive grace? Who/what puts that life back into you when you feel like you're at your frayed, tired end?
I pray for you today that you will be filled with the really big, unlimited grace that is in Jesus.