Maybe it was because the Influence Conference was even more than I expected it to be, but I really feel like it's going to take awhile to process. And that's ok.
As I'm still processing, I thought I'd share with you 10 things I learned this weekend. They aren't in a particular order, and these aren't the only things I learned. But here's a little glimpse into my weekend.
1. Jesus is, and always will be, the answer. To my hurts, to my "why's" and to my "how's".
2. I need more girl time in my life. Can you say refreshed?
3. Being vulnerable with (the right) people is so healthy. And, I'm a big, fat cry-baby. (As if I didn't already know that.)
4. "Your mess can be your ministry" - Casey Wiegand. Apparently I got a lotta ministry left to do, cuz I got a lotta mess. (Cue the grateful water works.)
5. I have unknowingly shut down some of my spiritual gifts, out of fear and feeling hurt from past experiences. But God wants to use me, and to use those things that I thought were no longer usable. To bless others. HE is capable in me.
6. A blog conference can actually turn out to be about the gospel.
7. DIY is ok when it's a wreath - but not when it's your family or your ministry. We can't do it ourselves, and in fact, we shouldn't. We need to minister, live, act out of God's grace ALONE. (Thanks Jessi.)
8. My husband is a rockstar of a Dad and a servant of a husband.
9. Meeting "an internet friend" in real life is not as creepy as it sounds. Well, maybe it is in some cases. But in the case of Influence Conference, it was wonderful and not creepy at all. And it ended in tears because I love my new friends so much.
10. I can only go so many days without this fuzzy blonde head in my life.
I hope this gave you a little bit of insight into this past weekend. And if you went to the conference and need some guidance in how to integrate last weekend into the reality of home, I suggest you read this amazing post by Amanda. So good.
By God's grace, I hope to implement the things that I learned in my daily life. One day at a time.