Upon becoming friends, one thing you'd learn about me real quick is that I am NOT big on adventure. You would never find me bunjee jumping, riding a motorcycle, or even cooking a super exotic meal. I just don't really like the idea of trying something and then having it totally flop. Or dying. Either way, I am not big on trying new, adventurous things. I like when life is planned out, predictable, and guaranteed. (Too bad life is generally none of those things! I'm working on not being such a control freak, I promise.)
But - in just over a month, I will be stepping outside of my predictable comfort zone.
My "adventure" will take me all the way to Indianapolis :) In October I will be part of a gathering for ladies who share a love for the Lord and who want to use the influence He has given us to make Him known. This gathering is called the Influence Conference, and I'm so excited to be a part of it. (But I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous about traveling there all by myself!) :)
As a way for the Influence Conference attendees to get to know each other, some of us are sharing a few things about ourselves. So here's a few things I'd like you to know about me:
3 Things to Get to Know Me
- I am proud to be a twin. (Oh, and I was born 9 minutes before my twin brother, which I love to remind him of.)
- I love having people over to our home. Sharing a cup of coffee or a meal, while also sharing life together, is my idea of a wonderful time.
- My son is the pride and joy of my life! And at 9 months old, he's reached half of my height, down to the inch. Not a hard milestone to reach seeing that I'm 4'8", but I'm still proud of him.
2 Things I'm Looking Forward to About the Conference
- Meeting some of my blog-world friends in "real" life! I hope I'm not as awkward as I expect to be.
- I really believe that the Lord is going to give me vision for how He wants to use me, and how I can better serve Him and the people that He's given me influence with! I'm expecting to be challenged and to hear from the Lord, so I can't wait!
1 Thing I Can't Leave Home Without
Enough money to buy a coffee. Most of the time my motivation to leave the house involves a decaf caramel latte. And my need for interaction with adults. And coffee.
Thanks for reading this little "get to know me" post. I'm excited to get to know some of the other Influence gals better, and can't wait to pursue the Lord together in October!
Oh, and here's a goofy picture of my twin brother and I. I believe this was our first day of kindergarden. Don't mind my crazy poofy hair, or Taylor's adorable tucked in shirt and belt. Ah, the early 90's.