Today is my sweet husband's 25th birthday. I love him so very much and I am excited to celebrate him today!
I thought I would share with you 25 things I love about my husband. Just kidding! That would be a little too mushy for you. But I will tell you - I could probably list 25,000 things I love about him, he's that amazing. So instead of 25 things, I'll share just 5.
5 things I love about my husband:
1. He is visionary. During the first conversation we ever had (at age 17), Brian told me about his passions in life and how he wanted to be used in the future. I was mesmerized by his ability to dream - and the fact that he believed these things were possible. Now having been in full time ministry together for over three years, I've seen Brian's ability to dream with God bless so many people. He is a never-ending wealth of passion, ideas, and dreams, all surrendered to God. I love it.
2. He's super hot. Seriously, I can't handle it sometimes. Those blue eyes and cheekbones...yowza.
3. Brian is a leader. I don't think he ever asked for this gift, but God has made him someone who influences others. It is incredible to watch him submit to the Lord and point others in Christ's direction.
4. He is an amazing daddy. Oh, this one brings me to tears. When I could barely move in the 6 weeks after my c-section, Brian was ALL ABOUT changing Nicholas's diapers. My mom calls him a baby hog because he wants to be holding or playing with Nicholas all the time. I could go on for days. My favorite moments are when I catch Brian staring at Nicholas as he sleeps in his crib, with the most proud and loving look on his face. He'll come out of his room and say to me, "oh, he's just so cute." He loves his son.
5. Brian believes in people. He can't help but get so excited about other people's dreams! I swear, if we made a lot of money, Brian would be funding people's small businesses and mission trips left and right. Whether it's the 3rd-grader that he mentors or his best friend, he pushes people to be who God says they are, and actually helps them to do it. I want to be more like him!
6. Ok and a 6th one - he makes the best "ugly faces" ever. And he doesn't care if he's "normal." Which embarrasses me sometimes, but I love him all the same.
I truly could tell you a million more things. But then instead of "Life of a Pint-Sized Mama" this blog's name would change to "Why Brian Byersdorf is So Stinkin' Awesome." And though a lot of people would read that blog, God hasn't called me to write about that. So I'll spare you. :)
Happy birthday my love! You are an amazing husband, father, friend, son, and son-in-law. You da best.