Do you remember when we went on a speed date a few months ago? I shared a few things about myself, in hopes of letting you get to know me better. Today, I'm asking you out again :) (Ok, I'm taking this "date" thing a little too far.)
Before I get too silly, here's another round of speed dating!
1. I used to be a cheerleader! I know you're wondering - yes, I was a "flyer", the girl who got thrown in the air. My favorite part of being a cheerleader was being able to encourage people. And the dancing! And stunting...and the friends...ok, everything. (Except the drama.)
2. I hate driving. If I can avoid driving at all costs, I will. I really wish I loved to drive, but it stresses me out and I have ZERO sense of direction. Luckily my husband likes to drive.
3. Brian and I went to prom together. I was head over heels for him and I couldn't believe that I was going to prom with THE Brian Byersdorf. 6 years later, I'm still swooning. (And yes, we were as awkward as this pictures makes us seem.)
4. Nicholas looks just like my dad as a baby. Sometimes when I look at Nicholas I think to myself, "I'm holding my dad as a baby." And then I get kind of grossed out. But my dad was good lookin' growing up, and he still is, so I'll take it.
5. Becoming a mom really mellowed me out. I am easily stressed out and really like to have everything in life go as planned - but something about having a kid has helped me to calm down. I'm much more go-with-the-flow now, which I know my husband appreciates! I thought becoming a mom would make me more stressed out, but I'm so happy that it has done the opposite.
6. My first job was as a receptionist at a naturopathic clinic. I worked there on and off for almost two years, and I wish I could work there again! The couple who run the clinic have become like family, and I grew as a person so much through this job. It was one of the best experiences of my life. And I love natural medicine now! (Although obviously I'm not too opposed to conventional medicine, as I had a c-section with Nicholas.)
7. In the last 3 years, I have lived in 6 different homes (two dorm rooms, two teeny studio apartments, one 2-bedroom apartment, and now an 800 square-foot, 2-bedroom house.)
Well, I hope you enjoyed our little speed date! It was great seeing you again! :)
Feel free to link up at Nicole's blog so that we can all get to know you better!